Grants For Over 60s – Home Improvement Grants
As well as Age Concern and Age Uk , Warmfront UK are making all elderly and vulnerable people aware that many local councils are now offering a free home improvement service / free advice to the most vulnerable people in society who otherwise would not be able to get assistance to make much needed repairs to their property.
This service is dedicated to helping older people, people with disabilities, and vulnerable people to live in their own homes safely and comfortably.
The scheme is aimed at owner occupiers only and is free to use if you meet the council eligibility criteria.
How Can Warmfront Help Old People ?
TheWarmFront scheme can help you with :
- free advice on local schemes that may help you.
- Free heating 7 insulation Grants
- Advice and assistance on how to claim non-repayable grants and loans for repairs
- Advice and assistance on essential maintenance to your property.
All applications are treated on a one by one basis where your needs will be assessed based on your current living and personal circumstances.
Warm Front General Eligibility Criteria
Your local council can provide a range of grants or loans if you are:
- are a resident of the particular borough
- are aged over 60
- are on income-related benefits and
- you are an owner occupier
- receive DLA/PIP or ESA and
Financial Help available:
Financial assistance is based on the total value of the property.
Non-repayable grants up to £500
Repayable Loans – repaid in the future via a charge will be added to the property.
The loan will be repaid in full on
- Home sale
- Change of ownership
- Demolition of the property.
Advisory Help available:
Free Advice Can be given On A Range Of Assistance In The Form Of :
- HOME VISIT – A council official will visit you in your home to look at what improvements could be beneficial to you.
- Free risk assessment to keep you safe and secure at home
- Free inspections after work has been carried out to ensure that you are happy with the service you have received
FREE WarmFront GRANTS
Advice on making your home as energy efficient as possible to reduce your heating bills.
Help you to make an application for one or more of the many heating & insulation grants available from the government.
DISABLED FACILLITIES GRANTS
Help for applying for this grant for adapting your home if disabled and need extra help in your home to manage to live safely.
FREE HANDYPERSON SERVICE / TRUSTED TRADESMAN
These will be people of good standing that have been vetted and approved by your Council.
FREE GAS SAFETY CHECKS AND REPAIRS
Local handymen and tradespeople will be engaged by the council to ensure your home is safe and habitable.
This can include:
- Removing hazards from your home,
- Help with electrical work,
- Repairs to roofing,
- UPVC windows and doors replacement
- Advice on fire alarms and security equipment
DISCUSS HOUSING OPTIONS
Free advice on downsizing or moving to another area if this is a good option for you.
Help To point you to other organisations about any additional services that might be available to you.
NEED HELP – CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL
This blog has been written to inform all elderly and vulnerable people that help is out there for you so please take action TODAY.
THERE IS NO NEED TO STRUGGLE!
The service mentioned in this blog are what are currently available from Wolverhampton City Council ( of where the author resides ).
I know that many other councils in the UK have their own schemes to assist vulnerable people and may include one or many more of the services mentioned in this blog.
You should give your local council a ring to see what is available. Today please.
Age Uk & Age Concern Contact Details
Other Schemes In This Website are