Who Is Eligible - OAPs Look Here Now!
Extra Income For OAPs -Dont Miss Out !
Lots Of Old Age Pensioners Are Missing Out On This Top Up Benefit That Guarantees People On State Pension A Minimum Weekly Income.
You Could Be Missing Out On Extra Money.
What Is The Pension Credit Phone Number ?
Telephone: 0800 99 1234
What Is A Pension Credit ?
Pension Credit also opens the door to other means tested benefits such as Free Dental & Eye care & Free Heating & Insulation Grants etc
Pension Credit is extra money to help you cover your costs if you’re over State Pension age and living on a low income. You might be able to get it even if you have other income, savings or assets.
Pension Credit comes in two parts: Guarantee Credit and Savings Credit.
It’s separate from your State Pension.
Pension Credit - Who is Eligible?
You may be able to claim Pension Credit If Your Weekly Income Is Below *
Single Person – £201.05 – Joint Couple Claim – £306.85
* Any disability benefits income is not counted as income.
Pension Credit - What Is The Full Criteria
To qualify for pension credit you must:
- Live in the UK – England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- Have reached state pension age.
- Have a weekly income below £201.05 if you’re single, or £306.85 if you’re in a couple.
- If you’re in a couple, you’ll BOTH need to have reached state pension age but you don’t have to be married or in a civil partnership, you’re considered a couple if you live together.
How Do I Claim Pension Credit?
Frequently Asked Questions - Pension Credit
How much Pension Credit could I get?
Pension Credit comes in two parts. You might be eligible for one or both parts.
What is Guarantee Credit?
Guarantee Credit tops up your weekly income to a guaranteed minimum level. In 2023-24, this level is:
- £201.05 if you’re single
- £306.85 if you’re a couple.
What is Savings Credit?
Savings Credit is extra money if you’ve got some savings or if your income is higher than the basic State Pension. It’s available to people who reached State Pension age before 6 April 2016. In 2023-24, you could get up to:
- £15.94 extra per week if you’re single
- £17.84 extra per week if you’re a couple.
By claiming Pension Credit, you might become eligible for other benefits too, such as help with health and housing costs.
Can I get Pension Credit if I get full State Pension?
Pension Credit is separate from your State Pension.
You can get Pension Credit even if you have other income, savings or own your own home.
Do pensioners on Pension Credit pay council tax?
Benefits Calculator - Age UK
A fantastic resource for pensioners is to visit Age Uk Website and see all the benefits & entitlements for you to be aware of and try to claim
There are over 50 different benefits to go through. Their benefits calculator is second to none too.
We recommend that EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE AN APPLICATION with the DWP for possible entitlement to the benefit.
You will get a written response from the DWP saying YEA or NAY.
Nothing ventured …………………….. Helplines are included
What other help can I get by claiming Pension Credit
Claiming Pension Credit doesn’t just top up your income – it could help you get other benefits, too.
Pension Credit can help with health costs
- You’ll get free NHS dental treatment, and you can get help with the cost of glasses and transport to the hospital.
- If you’re a carer, you might get an extra amount known as Carer Addition, which is worth up to £42.75 a week.
- If you have a disability, you may get an extra amount known as Severe Disability Addition, which is worth up to £76.40 a week.
Pension Credit can help with housing costs
- You probably won’t have to pay Council Tax (unless other people live with you).
- If you rent your home, you might get your rent paid in full by Housing Benefit.
- If you own your home, you might be eligible for help with mortgage interest, ground rent and service charges.
Pension Credit can help with other costs
uk gov pension credit - gOVERNMENT SITE
For more info on Pension Credit
Please Visit The Government Site
what age pension credit
. The Pension Credit qualifying age is linked to the State Pension age and is currently 66
It will increase in line with the increase in the State Pension age to 67 between April 2026 and March 2028
guarantee credit of pension credit -What Is It?
Guarantee Credit is a part of Pension Credit that provides a guaranteed level of income for people over State Pension age (currently 66) .
It is worked out by comparing your income with an amount the government says you need to live on.
If you have a disability, are a carer, have children, or have to pay housing costs, you may be eligible for a higher amount .
can i get pension credit if i have never worked
Gas Boilers – You Can Apply For A FREE Boiler Upgrade If Over 18 Years Old
Oil Boilers – You Can Apply For A FREE Heat Pump
Free Central Heating – For Homes Without Central Heating Fitted
Warm Air Heating Upgrade – FREE Upgrade To Central Heating
Storage Heater Upgrade – You Can Apply For A Heat Pump OR Central Heating
can i get pension credit if i have never worked
Yes, you may be eligible for Pension Credit even if you have never worked.
If you are pension you should make a claim today.
What Is The disability premium pension credit
The Disability Premium is an additional amount of money that can be added to your Pension Credit if you have a disability
The amount of extra money you receive depends on your circumstances, such as whether you live alone or with someone else who is also eligible for the premium
To be eligible for the Disability Premium, you must be under the age when you qualify for Pension Credit and receive one of the following benefits:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA),
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
- Attendance Allowance, o
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Are there Warm Front Grants For double glazing?
Double glazing is not included in this Warm Front scheme unfortunately.
Can you get solar panels on Warm Front?
Warm Front is also set up to allow low-income households to access free solar panels.
Free Solar will be focused only on rural off gas areas for homes heated by Oil and Electric as these are the most expensive homes to heat.
Homes heated by gas will usually not qualify.